Saturday 27 December 2008

a perfectly timed break

I feel VERY lucky that the company I work for allows us all the time off between Christmas and New Year's. It's been great in the past to travel home (see last post) but this time it's great because I can get some rest and go to movies and to dinner and take a lot of naps. I am starting to feel this weight that I am carrying around, and it's heavy - so it's a real treat to be able to be home and take naps and rest and do what I want! I can't believe this baby is going to come out soon. Still so surreal! I am starting to realize why people say things like "I can't wait to get this baby out of me" etc....I always felt like that is a mean thing to say and kind of harsh, and I still don't think I will ever say it, but I am slowly realizing why it's said. And I realize it at night when every night is more uncomfortable than the last, to the point that I have recently said that I hate sleeping. Naps are ok, but trying to be comfortable for 8+hours is impossible and kind of torturous! I can't wait to sleep on my back again. And I can't wait to meet the baby, but I still enjoy knowing that it's safe inside of me!

1 comment:

  1. Good to hear that you're getting to enjoy the end of your pregnancy away from work, I'm thankfully off during this time too - what a treat!

    I've heard people say that they are ready to get the pregnancy over with by the time they get to the last weeks, I wonder how I will be feeling when I'm closer to the due date, right now, just like you, I can't believe how quickly it's going and feel quite comfy having the baby inside taken care of in the belly for now ;)

    Best wishes for a smooth delivery, should the baby want to come sooner than due-date!

    ReplyDelete