Monday 9 June 2008

Don' say "crave" !!!

Dear pregnant people,

When trying to keep your pregnancy a secret because it's too early to tell people, don't use the word "crave" in a sentence! It will immediately cause people around you to ask, in unison "what, are you pregnant?" and again, you will be forced to lie. "Ha! Me? Hell no."

Love,
Me


Such was my lunch. I was at a 3 hour work lunch with about 8 people and they decided to order 2 bottles of white wine. I didn't say anything when they gave me a glass, and I discreetly said to the waitress "just a splash for me" and lived with a 1/4 full glass for the rest of the lunch! We toasted, and I didn't even put it to my mouth. No one said anything! I thought I was scott free until I ordered pineapple sorbet for dessert and said "I've been craving pineapples a lot lately" and got the 2 people asking in unison if I was pregnant. In fact, my pineapple "craving" is really more "thoughts". I've been THINKING about pineapple lately....not really craving it. In fact I have been craving fruit in general, and whether that's pregnancy related or related to the sweltering NYC heat, I don't know! But I'm not going to worry about it because fruit is delicious and good for me!

Oh, and I made it through the wedding without having to explain my non-drinking self to anyone. I had a fine time, but wasn't drunk, so I therefore didn't dance or feel compelled to make new friends which so many people seem to like to do at weddings! There was a 8 month pregnant gal there dancing her ass off - she was quite inspiring, but I thought her baby was going to fall right out with all the jumping she was doing! I hope to have that much energy at that point.

No comments:

Post a Comment